8.04.2012

Saturday Updates Go!

So here we are! It's already a couple of months into year three of working on The Many Great Adventures. And oh how things have progressed!

First, I've graduated! Completely! And since I'm no longer beholden to deadlines, I can make all the adjustments for all the things that were driving me crazy! This includes things like adding more detail to backgrounds, and updating character designs to reflect the growth of my art over the past two and half years from when they were originally "finalized."

For example (click to enlarge):


Ellie will still wear her other outfit, but her hair will retain some of this new volume. The phoenix and Celeste however, are actually being re-animated (if necessary) to reflect this new design.

Second, I'm no longer working at LMU at all! I've managed to set up a complete work station at home:



A camera hooks up to my laptop, where I use Adobe Premiere to test the animation:

Updating Phoenix animation in Seq01_Sc02.
Then I have a scanner and a desktop computer with Toon Boom Animate where I can color:

In progress toning/highlighting.
It's pretty exciting having everything I need in one place again.

My progress update next weekend will hopefully include less text and more drawings, and hopefully also an animation progression reel showing some differences between old and new.

See you next Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Chris Lemmon4.8.12

    Looks great. I'm looking forward to future updates, and of course to the full project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea Rosales5.8.12

    Wow! You've got a terrific set-up there. I really like that you've made a neat work station for yourself and I love how you're always changing your characters' costume designs. I'm really glad that you're still working your film–it's going to be awesome when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! :D

    @ Andrea: I wish I wasn't changing their costumes... it means I have to redo a bunch of work! Still, I think I'm settling on these.

    ReplyDelete